Connecting with the Best in Brain Injury: 2014 Spring Conference Season is Just Around the Corner
We will be hitting the road again soon for our Spring Conference season. Please see the list below and stop by to say “hello.”
- The theme for the Brain Injury Alliance of Iowa’s 22nd Annual Best Practices in Brain Injury Services Conference is “The Road to New Normal – Living Well with Brain Injury.” The conference is being held at the Sheraton Hotel in West Des Moines March 13th & 14th. Our Chief Executive Officer, Rolf B. Gainer, PhD, will present, “Moving Through the Lifespan.” The Neurologic Rehabilitation Institute at Brookhaven Hospital is proud to be sponsoring and exhibiting at this important conference. We look forward to making new friends and connecting with old friends from Iowa and surrounding states.
- The International Brain Injury Association will host its Tenth World Congress on Brain Injury in San Francisco, California on March 20th-22nd where Dr. Rolf B. Gainer and Matt Maxey, our Director of Nursing will present “Reducing the Need for Seclusion and Restraint on an Inpatient Neurobehavioral Unit: Changing the Treatment Culture.” Dr. Gainer and Mr. Maxey are excited to attend this conference and share their research outcomes from the Neurologic Rehabilitation Institute at Brookhaven Hospital.
- On March 20th & 21st the Nebraska Brain Injury Conference will be held at the Younes Convention Center in Kearney, NE. Nancy Weber, Brain Injury Case Manager, will be attending. This is another great opportunity to learn, network and meet with professionals and families. We are excited to be exhibiting at this conference, so make sure to stop by our exhibit table and share your knowledge.
- Michael Bruns, Brain Injury Case Manager, will be attending the Brain Injury Association of Kansas City and Greater Kansas conference entitled “Beyond Rehab: Succeeding at Life” in Overland Park, Kansas on March 27th-28th.
- The Alaska Brain Injury Conference is being held in Anchorage at the Marriott Hotel on April 30 – May 2nd. Dr. Rolf B. Gainer will be presenting a Plenary session on “The New Normal.” Dr. Gainer and Brain Injury Case Manager/Clinical Evaluator Nancy Weber, MA, CBIS, will co-present, “Moving Through the Lifespan With Brain Injury.” We are looking forward to meeting a diverse, multidisciplinary range of professionals attending this conference.
- The Black Hills Brain Injury Conference will be held in Rapid City, South Dakota at the Ramkota Hotel. You may recognize the keynote speaker if you have seen the documentary, “Crash Reel.” Kevin Pearce, a champion snowboarder, sustained a brain injury in 2009, and has since become an advocate for helmet safety. Ron Broughton, our Chief Clinical Officer, will also be presenting “Counseling and Brain Injury: A Post-Rehab Support View” at this conference.
The Spring conference season offers opportunities to learn about best-practices being introduced into the world of brain injury – whether you are a rehabilitation professional, individual with a brain injury or a family member – from across the country. We look forward to connecting with you.