On the Road Again: Our Fall Conference Schedule
We are anticipating another busy Fall Conference season. Dr. Rolf B. Gainer, Ron Broughton, Jason Pirtle, Nancy Weber, and Michael Bruns of the Neurologic Rehabilitation Institute at Brookhaven Hospital are excited about the opportunity to meet you for the first time or say “hello” again and catch up. Take a look at our schedule listed below. If you plan to attend one of these conferences, feel free to get in touch as we come together to learn more about how to help people with brain injury and their family members.
- September 5th and 6th, North and Northeast Iowa Conference in Decorah, Iowa, Nancy Weber, MA, CBIS, our Brain Injury Case Manager, will be exhibiting at this conference.
- September 11th and 12th, The Brain Injury Association of Michigan’s annual conference in Lansing, Michigan, Michael Bruns, MS, PLPC, CBIS, our Brain Injury Case Manager, will present, “Meet Me Where I Am: Working with TBI Veterans.”
- September 18th-19th, Zarrow Mental Health Symposium presents, “All Things Prevention” in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Dr. Rolf B. Gainer will present, “The Psychometrics of Social Role Return for the Person with Brain Injury.”
- September 18th-19th, International Symposium on Life Care Planning presents, “20 Years: Honoring the Past, Navigating the Present and Shaping the Future” in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Nancy Weber will be exhibiting at this conference.
- October 7th-11th, American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine presents, “Progress in Rehabilitation Research” in Toronto, Canada, Dr. Rolf B. Gainer will present, “Long-term Social Role Difficulties for the Person with Brain Injury and a Psychiatric Diagnosis.”
- October 7th-10th, 2014 Southwest Conference on Disability, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Ron Broughton, our Chief Clinical Officer, will present, “Traumatic Brain Injury and Loss of Identity: Recovering Self,” and Nancy Weber will present, “Caregivers as Clients: Who’s Caring for the Caregivers?”
- October 9th, Washington Medical Case Management Association Annual Conference in Lynnwood, Washington, Jason Pirtle, our Director of Community Relations, will be exhibiting at this conference.
- October 24th-27th, American Association of Nurse Life Care Planners Annual Education Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, Dr. Rolf B. Gainer will speak on a panel about how brain injury affects the individual over their lifespan, and Nancy Weber will be exhibiting.
- November 13th-14th, Across the Lifespan Conference in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, Michael Bruns will present, “Things We Can Learn from Working with TBI Veterans.”
- November 20th-21st, The Toronto Acquired Brain Injury Network Conference in Toronto, Canada, Dr. Rolf B. Gainer will present, “The Psychometrics of Social Role Return for the Person with Brain Injury.”